Sunday 1 February 2015

January Favourites 2015



I know I'm probably not the only one who's thinking 'What? It's the end of January already?' With the new year being in full swing again I discovered some new favourite products and reached for some old favourites that I now want to share with you.

Got2Be Guardian Angel Heat Protection Spray


I've been using this for several years now and really like it. After using a different product for a few months now I repurchased the Got2Be Guardian Angel. It smells nice, makes my hair feel super soft and is also quite cheap. As far as I can tell it also protects my hair well from the heat, which is the main purpose of a heat protection spray really.

Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2 in 1 Wash and Mask


Another oldie but goodie product that I've been using on and off for the past years. Whenever I use it as a face wash it leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean and is very refreshing too. Occasionally I put it on as a face mask which feels particulary nice in summer when my face is super oily. The only downside to this product is that it can sometimes leave my skin feeling a bit “tight” and it mustn't get into the eyes because that really isn't a very pleasant experience.

 

Garnier Pure Anti Shine Moisturiser


This is definitely one of my favourite drugstore moisturisers as it works a treat on both my oily areas and my dry patches. I'm very pleased that it doesn't make my face break out in spots ( like so many other moisturisers do) and that it keeps my face nice and shine free just as it promises. It also smells very nice and fresh like cucumber which is always a winner with me and sinks in really quickly too.

Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil


One of my favourites in winter to soothe the dry areas on my face. I won't say too much about it though as I reviewed it here already so feel free to have a look at this more in depth post.


Ebelin Express Nailpolish Remover


When these type of nailpolish removers came out I thought them to be a bit gimmicky and wasn't very interested at all. This month though I finally caved and picked one up on a whim. Let me just say, I'm a total convert now. It works really quickly and is super clean without the need to waste loads and loads of cotton wool pads. Just make sure you don't tip it too much and therefore spill half of it on the floor (not that this would ever happen to ME ahem...)

P2 Lipstick in 006- friends forever


I really liked wearing this nice pinky colour on my lips this month because it is light enough for everyday wear and to get me used to wearing more colour on my lips in general.
Although it doesn't have the most amazing staying power I've ever seen I think it is quite ok considering that it is on the more budget side.



Invisibobbles


The Invisibobbles have been around for some time now but somehow never really interested me all that much. That might be partly because they were rather hard to come by (only online or in certain hairdressers) and also because I thought them to be just another marketing thing.
I ended up buying them at the beginning of the month when I discovered them in my local drugstore and happened to have a voucher too so I thought why not give them a try.
They promise to avoid split ends and be absolutely traceless. (oh how I hate getting that stubborn kink in my hair after wearing it in a ponytail...)
A pack of three costs 4,95 € and they come in loads of nice and bright colours. I however opted for the see through option as I wanted them to be as invisible as possible in my hair. The only issue with this is that they are harder to find whenever I've misplaced them ha!
Since I bought the Invisibobbles I haven't once reached for any of my other hairbobbles. They hold my hair firmly in a high bun even on first day ,usually rather slippy, hair which is great in my book and I definitely recommend them.

So there you have it. Which products did you love in January?

Julie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment