Wednesday 19 June 2013

Review: The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream



 I recently came across this moisturizer while browsing my local branch of The Body Shop. I had been looking for a decent, not too expensive day cream to add to my skincare routine but was somewhat disappointed by most of the ones available in German drugstores.
My skin is more on the oily side with the odd dry patch, mainly on my cheeks, and it is quite blemish prone on top of that. (Well thanks for that..)
When I had a look at some drugstore products I was surprised how few products there are for my skin type.
Most moisturizers were either for dry skin, "normal" skin or suitable for all skin types (which I kind of doubt).

Obviously I haven't tried all drugstore moisturizers but the ones I have tried either were way to greasy, broke my skin out grrrrr....or didn't seem to do anything (neither for my oily nor my dry areas).

So by the time I came across the Seaweed line in The Body Shop I was already a bit desperate.

To cut a long story short, I picked the Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream up and after using it for some time now I can say that I really like it. The first thing I noticed was the very fresh and pleasant smell, which isn't always a given with face products. The product itself is more of a gel rather than a proper cream consistency which I like because it is not too heavy  and sinks in very nicely into my skin.


According to the packaging it "moisturises dry areas and controls excess sebum and shine" and I definitely think it does just that. I have to say though that I haven't tried it in winter yet when my dry areas are particularly dry, so I don't know whether it would be quite enough for my skin then, but for now I'm very happy that I bought it and I'm always looking forward to using it in the morning. :-)

Another great thing about it is that I only need to use the tiniest amount of it to cover my entire face which  makes up for the price of 14 € for 50ml. I'm sure it'll last me quite some time.



So there you go..my final verdict is that this moisturizer ticks all the boxes for me and I can't see myself falling out of love with it any time soon.

Have a great day xx



No comments:

Post a Comment